Marriage Certificate Apostille

Marriage overseas is a complex area and you should ensure you fully understand the procedure in the country concerned. The likelihood is that several documents will need to be produced, commonly Certificate of No Impediment, Decree Absolute plus original Marriage Certificate if previously married, plus the usual proof of ID. For a UK couple this normally means a minimum of a Birth Certificate and Certificate of No Impediment EACH, all four documents requiring an apostille.

We can only legalise original or certified copies of certificates issued by the General Registry Office (GRO) or local Registry Offices in the UK. Please note that we are NOT able to legalise photocopies of these, even if they have been signed by a practising UK solicitor or notary or attached to a notarial cover sheet.

If you are overseas we can obtain an official copy from the General Register Office on your behalf and return it to you after the apostille process. Contact us for more details of this service.